Book your appointment to get your BSN
Want to make a registration appointment with Expat Centre Leiden? Please check you meet the following criteria:
- You are a highly skilled migrant, intra corporate transferee, scientific researcher, entrepreneur or recent graduate. We do not register international students.
- You have already moved to the Netherlands (you are not on a preview trip).
- You will stay in the Netherlands for more than 4 months. If you will stay less than 4 months and require a BSN, please check the RNI page.
- You have not previously been given a BSN.
- Your permanent address is in Leiden, Leiderdorp, Oegstgeest, Voorschoten or Zoeterwoude.
- You have not yet found a permananet address, but your employer is in Leiden, Leiderdorp, Oegstgeest, Voorschoten or Zoeterwoude. Then you may temporarily register at their address for 3 months. Please bring this address registration form to your appointment.
- You have all the correct documents to bring to your appointment.
If you do not meet these criteria, we will not be able to give you a BSN during your appointment.
What to expect from an Expat Centre Leiden registration appointment
You will be registered as a new resident in the Personal Record Database (Basisregistratie Personen - BRP) and will be issued your BSN during the appointment. After registration, you (and any accompanying family members) can meet with the ECL helpdesk staff who can inform you about living in the Leiden region, and answer many of the questions you may have regarding life in the Netherlands. You will also receive a Welcome Bag with helpful information to get you off to a smooth start in the Leiden region.
Appointments are available every Monday and Wednesday in Stadskantoor Leiden, booth 0.22 (LEVEL building).
- Appointments are (usually) available within the next 5-7 days
- Possibility to register at your employer's address if you have not found accommodation
- Welcome bag with information to help you make a smooth start in the region
- 30 minutes with our helpdesk expert, who can answer any questions and make sure you have organised everything you need
All our other services and events are free.