If your stay in the Netherlands will be for more than 4 months, you can make an appointment for registration at the Expat Centre Leiden, by filling out the appointment form. If you stay less than 4 months and require a BSN, please check the RNI page.

During a registration appointment at the Expat Centre Leiden you will be registered with the municipality and immediately receive a Citizen Service Number (Bugerservicenummer - BSN). After registration you (and any accompanying family members) can meet with the ECL helpdesk staff who can inform you about living in the Leiden region, and answer many of the questions you may have regarding living in the Netherlands.

Before booking a registration appontment with Expat Centre Leiden, please check you can meet and understand the following criteria:

  • The Expat Centre registers highly skilled migrants, intra corporate transferees, scientific researchers, entrepreneurs, recent graduates, and EU citizens who fall under these categories along with their families. We do not register international students.
  • You can only register when you actually relocate - not on a preview trip or before the start of your housing contract.
  • The ECL covers municipal registration for people living in Leiden, Leiderdorp, Oegstgeest, Voorschoten and Zoeterwoude.
  • In some cases it is possible to register at your employer's postal address, if it is in Leiden, Leiderdorp, Oegstgeest, Voorschoten or Zoeterwoude. This is a tempoarary measure and is only valid for 3 months or until you have a permanent address. You will need to complete this form.
  • It is very important that you bring the correct documents to your registration appointment.
  • If you are a family member of an EU/EEA citizen or Swiss citizen and you wish to live in the Netherlands with your family member, first check this page. Due to the corona virus it is not possible to make an appointment at the Immigration services at the moment. Therefore submitting the required form to the Immigration Services is allowed at the moment, even before entering the country.
  • If you already possess a Citizen Service number (Burgerservicenummer - BSN), please register at the municipality of your residence instead of the Expat Centre Leiden; the Expat Centre isn’t authorized to do resettlement registrations (hervestiging).
  • For an address change, please contact your municipality
  • The ECL only provides appointments for first-time registrations. Should you need to submit further documents to the municipality or exchange your driving licence, you should book a (free) appointment directly with the municipality.

    Please bear in mind that ECL is charging a Service fee for services provided. 

For the best experience, it is best to fill in the form on your laptop or computer.