Home Insurance

There are various options for insurance concerning property

There are various options for property insurance concerning property. For example, bricks and mortar insurance (opstalverzekering) covers damage to your house, such as damage caused by fire. This type of insurance is not compulsory in the Netherlands. However, if you wish to have a mortgage on the property, a homeowner's insurance policy will most likely be required.  

Another non-compulsory type of house insurance which you could opt for is fire and theft insurance (inboedelverzekering). This insurance covers all belongings inside your house such as your computer or television.  

For more valuable objects, a high-value items insurance (kostbaarhedenverzekering) would be advisable. This insurance covers expensive valuables such as art collections.  

Home insurance contract.

More in Housing