Since December 2019, the COVID-19 virus (colloquially referred to as the coronavirus) has been spreading. With news media covering the virus extensively, it is important to know where to find information and updates about the impacts of the virus on the Netherlands.

Measures Expat Centre Leiden region

As a result of the measures taken by the RIVM regarding the coronavirus, we have facilitated a temporary visiting address and adjusted opening hours until further notice.

Stadskantoor Leiden, booth 0.22
Bargelaan 190
2333 CW Leiden

  • Mondays | 9:00-12:30 - for registrations (appointment only)
  • Wednesdays | 9:00- 16:30 - for registrations (appointment only)

Walk-ins without an appointment are temporarily stopped to minimize contact due to the coronavirus.

You can find more information about appointments here.

Please note : Due to COVID-19, Leiden Municipality wants to keep appointments for registration as short as possible. There is no need to bring additional documents, like a birth certificate or marriage certificate. You will have to make a seperate appointment with Leiden Municipality after your first registration to show any additional documents, by calling the customer service department - phone number 14071. Please mention you would like to make an appointment for "inleveren bron documenten wonen."

FAQs International Employment during COVID-19 

Update on November 3rd: New Coronavirus Measures 

The Dutch Public Health Instance (RIVM)

Being the main organisation in the Netherlands that is leading the countermeasures against the coronavirus, the RIVM's page on the outbreak contains most of the relevant information on combating the virus, as well as links to prior discussions.

The Dutch Public Health Instance (RIVM)

The Dutch Measures Against Cornonavirus

The virus may be present in several different people in the Netherlands. It is important to ensure that this is known as quickly as possible, so that we can take care that the virus does not spread or barely spreads. This is the aim of the Dutch approach to tackling coronavirus. 

The Dutch Measures Against Coronavirus

Your Company and the Coronavirus

If you are a business owner, the economic impacts of the coronavirus may be hard to deal with. This article by the Dutch government approaches some of the issues that you may encounter, and highlights some of the services or websites you can go to for further information.

Your Company and the Coronavirus

There are temporary measures in place to help entrepreneurs and self-employed people. These measures have been extended to internationals in the Netherlands in these abnormal circumstances.

The temporary bridging measure for self-employed professionals (Tozo)

Municipality Information

With the wide-spread nature of the impacts of CoViD-19, the service provision of municipalities has also been impacted.

Municipality Leiden - FAQ about Corona

Municipality Oegstgeest - Corona Information

The following municipalities have their Corona webpages in Dutch. Use Google Chrome's Translate function to read the provided information.

Municipality Voorschoten

Municipality Zoeterwoude

Municipality Leiderdorp

Municipality Katwijk

Immigratie en Naturalisatie Dienst (IND)

You can find information by the IND as per usual on the IND website. Please note that due to CoViD-19, the IND will temporarily offer very limited services to minimise possible exposure to the virus.

IND Website

Very Limited Services at IND desks