The Dutch government intends to help both parents to join the workforce, thus earn income. If your child goes to a child care centre  (kinderopvang) or is taken care of by a self-employed childminder you may be entitled to Childcare Allowance (Kinderopvang Toeslag). This is a contribution towards the costs of childcare.

Note that various requirements influence the eligibility of this allowance.

Similar to Child Budget, you can apply  for Childcare Benefit via the tax authority’s on-line section “Mijn toeslagen” (My benefits). You will need your DigiD. The “Mijn toeslagen”-section is only available in Dutch. If needed you can (also) call the Tax Information Line; they can make an appointment for you at a tax office or refer you to a benefits service point. There, they will help you with your application.