From 1 March 2022 you can request a STAP budget from UWV of a maximum of 1,000 euros per year for a course. You can use this subsidy to further develop yourself and to strengthen your position in the labor market. The subsidy is called STAP. This stands for Stimulans Labour Market Position.
You can take a maximum of one STAP course per calendar year for which you can receive a maximum of 1,000 euros STAP budget subsidy.
In 2022, 160 million euros will be available for the STAP budget subsidy scheme, which will be divided over 5 application periods. A new application period starts every 2 months. The first application period will be opened on March 1, 2022. Be there on time! Because gone = gone.
Who qualifies for the STAP budget?
The target group for the STAP budget is every adult with a connection to the Dutch labor market. As a private individual/citizen , you can apply for the STAP budget at the UWV.
You are entitled to a STAP budget for a course if:
- you are older than 18 and do not yet receive a state pension (whether or not you work, receive benefits or are an entrepreneur, that is not relevant for your application).
- you or your partner have Dutch nationality or another nationality of a country within the European Union.
- you are nationally insured (this is if you have lived, worked or received benefits in the Netherlands for at least 6 months in the past 27 months).
- you have not yet received a STAP budget this calendar year and there is still a budget.
- you can get a STAP budget for the STAP training (according to the STAP training register).
On STAP-budget.nl you will find courses for which you can apply for a STAP budget from 1 March 2022.
To learn more about the STAP budget visit the website here (in Dutch).