The Expat Centre Leiden offers municipal registration, issuing of the Citizen Service Number (Burgerservicenummer - BSN) and other services to highly skilled migrants, intra-corporate transferees, scientific researchers and doctors in training to become a specialist. If you have received your residence permit, you can make an appointment to be registered/receive your BSN at the Expat Centre Leiden.

You will need a residence permit in order to stay in the Netherlands for a period of over 90 days. Your eligibility to work legally in NL is explained in the Immigration and Naturalisation Service (Immigratie- en Naturalisatiedienst - IND) brochure Coming to work in the Netherlands.

Requirements for residency permits per type and country of origin, and application forms can be found here.

Age and salary requirements can be found here.

The EU Intra-Company Transferee directive was implemented in 2016. The objective of the ICT directive is to make it easier for multinational companies to transfer skilled workers from non-EU countries. The new ICT rules override other schemes such as the highly skilled migrant scheme. Any applications for highly skilled migrant status will be checked against the conditions of the ICT directive, and in the case of an overlap only an ICT permit will be granted.