You wish to or must leave the Netherlands. On this page, you can find information about voluntary or mandatory departure from the Netherlands.

If you leave The Netherlands you are required to de-register from the Municipal Personal Record Database (Basisregistratie Personen - BRP). The municipality of the town you live in will update your details accordingly and will automatically inform other government authorities of your departure. To de-register you will have to make an appointment at your Town Hall. All family members (minors too!) have to be present for de-registration. You will receive an official document noting the end of your registration.

Ending your registration is possible from one month to five days prior to your departure from the Netherlands.

It is important to notify the municipality of your departure. Failing to do so could result in negative financial consequences.