Parents can receive money from the government towards the cost of raising children under the age of 18. If you live or work in the Netherlands and have children younger than 18, you will probably receive child benefit (kinderbijslag) from the Social Insurance Bank (SVB) and you may be entitled to a child budget. If your children receive childcare, you might also receive childcare benefit.

Mind you: Both parents need to be in the Netherlands to receive child benefit.