Volunteering opportunities at ACCESS
Volunteering for ACCESS is a perfect opportunity to learn more about yourself, meet people, create a community, and give back. Interested in joining the team? Find out how a current volunteer describes her experience at ACCESS.
What is ACCESS?
Established in 1986 as the Administrative Committee to Coordinate English Speaking Services – ACCESS – in short, was the grass-root initiative of the members of the international community in the Netherlands who felt the pressing need for an organisation that would answer their needs, provide peer support and help cope with the challenges of expatriate living.
Today ACCESS has evolved into a dynamic volunteer, not-for-profit organisation that serves the needs and interests of the international community, namely by:
- providing information and guidance, free of charge, to the international community through our helpdesk, website and the expat centres we work from
- fostering cultural diversity, facilitating connections and encouraging growth for our volunteers, and
- providing services to the community through our childbirth courses, on-call Counsellors and training network.
Volunteering for ACCESS is a rewarding way of using your existing skills and adding to your experience during your stay in the Netherlands. Furthermore, it provides you with an opportunity to meet people, create community and give back.
What are the benefits?
- Work in a professionally-run, international organisation
- Provide support to the international community in the Netherlands
- Develop interpersonal skills
- Improve existing skills while learning new ones
- Be a part of a creative team
- Use spare time constructively helping others
- Benefit from our extensive resources
- Meet new people and develop your network
Lisa Nield's volunteering experience at ACCESS
After my two children started secondary school I was eager to do something for myself and my community. ACCESS Volunteering seemed the perfect fit as I can offer my experience as an Expat to Internationals relocating to the Netherlands. I started working for ACCESS in August this year and couldn’t have hoped for a more positive start.
The team has been so accommodating and supportive. They have also boosted my confidence so much that I now feel like a professional adult again rather than “just a mum”. There is a wealth of knowledge within the team and I have gained so much information about the Leiden I thought I knew so well. I highly recommend to anyone who has some spare time to join ACCESS as a volunteer, who knows it might just change your life. It did for me.
Would you like to become a part of ACCESS? Find out about the joining process and apply now on their website.